DUBLIN, October 29, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The “Global Growth Opportunities for Aerospace Additive Manufacturing Applications” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
Over the past decade, the aerospace industry has witnessed the increasing application of additive manufacturing technology. The main applications include the development of parts for the interior and the engine of the aircraft.
The technology replaces parts manufactured using the traditional manufacturing process, giving aerospace companies increased supply chain flexibility and the ability to meet on-time delivery commitments to airlines. This research study highlights the main additive manufacturing technologies used in the aerospace industry and their fields of application.
The main drivers of additive manufacturing identified in the study are the reduction of waste, the consolidation of the assembly in one part, the reduction of prototyping costs, the improvement of the reliability of the parts and the support for the maintenance of a reduced stock.
The main constraints include the inability of additive manufacturing technology to support the concept of economies of scale and high manufacturing costs. The patent landscape activity takes into account the patents published over the past 10 years.
The 5 main patent assignees are mainly commercial aircraft and engine OEMs. A regional analysis of the patent landscape shows China with the most publications, followed by the United States and Japan. China has more than double the number of published patents compared to United States.
One of the main reasons is that local aerospace companies and universities in China actively engage in R&D activities in additive manufacturing and by issuing patents. The main suppliers of additive technologies identified include Stratasys, EOS, GE Additive and 3D Systems.
Leading aerospace OEMs and suppliers focus on innovation and the use of new technologies, encompassing analysis and digitization. They aim to improve the efficiency of manufacturing processes and to produce aircraft that are lighter and more fuel efficient.
Additive manufacturing technology will play a critical role in making parts that are lighter and more reliable, enabling airlines to meet their carbon footprint reduction goals. The advent of UAM planes has the potential to disrupt the aviation market, with major airlines like United Airlines, Azul and DHL placing orders for this new type of aircraft.
Suppliers of additive manufacturing technologies should share the expertise gained through partnerships with aerospace OEMs to assist UAM aircraft OEMs, primarily startups, with parts certification processes by regulatory agencies of the United States. ‘aviation.
Main topics covered:
1. Strategic imperatives
- Why is it harder and harder to grow taller?
- The strategic imperative
- The impact of the three main strategic imperatives on additive manufacturing applications in the aerospace industry
- Growth opportunities fuel the growth pipeline engine
2. Analysis of growth opportunities
- Additive manufacturing
- Additive Manufacturing – Photopolymerization
- Additive manufacturing – Powder bed fusion
- Additive manufacturing – Sheet lamination
- Additive manufacturing – Directed energy deposition, Melting deposition modeling, Binder jet
- Growth engines for additive manufacturing in the aerospace industry
- Growth constraints for additive manufacturing in the aerospace industry
- Impact of additive manufacturing on the aerospace industry supply chain
- Patent landscape – Main assignees
- Patent landscape – Country of publication
- Leading aerospace companies in partnership with additive manufacturing technology suppliers
- GE Additive
3. Universe of growth opportunities
- Growth Opportunity 1 – Aerospace OEMs Partner with Additive Manufacturing Technology Providers to Make Parts Lighter, More Reliable, 2021
- Growth Opportunity 2 – Leverage Capital Investment versus Production Capacity to Improve Market Penetration, 2021
- Growth Opportunity 3 – Additive Manufacturing Companies Must Understand the Urban Air Mobility Aircraft Market to Provide Lightweight Parts, 2021
- 3d systems
- GE Additive
- United Airlines
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/kc8lil
Research and markets
Laura Wood, senior
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For USA / CAN call toll free + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the United States): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets